Brookie and Mae Mae playing with the chicks!
I never thought the day would come when I would have chickens! My mom has always had this fear of birds, and so because of her fear I never really cared for them either. My dad is the USU county extension agent, and so he helped me get an incubator and some eggs to hatch. I got eight eggs and 6 out of the 8 eggs hatched. I fell in love with the baby chicks. It was so fun to watch the eggs hatch! I loved it as much as my students (if not a little bit more) :) Here are the oh so clever names my students came up with:
*Fluffers
*Bob-A-Doo
*Peep
*Jimmy
*Mr. Fluffy Pants
*Chickee
They were the hit of the school. We had all sorts of visitors coming to see these cute baby chicks. It is a miracle the chicks survived all of holding, and a few droppings by the kids! I have convinced my parents to let me keep the chicks here! They are getting so big- and unfortunately they are losing their "cuteness" It should be a fun adventure....





1 comment:
hahaha that is too adorable! Ur kids are awesome
Post a Comment